Pepto-Bismol 17.5mg/ml Oral Suspension.
Fast relief of:
- Upset stomach
PROTECTIVE COATING ACTION
Adults and children aged 16 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
If you have any questions ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Shake well before use. For oral administration.
Adults and children aged 16 years and over: 30ml in dosing cup and swallow. Repeat dosage every half to 1 hour as needed. No more than 8 doses to be taken in 24 hours.
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this product:
Do not exceed the stated dose or use after expiry date.
Do not use Pepto Bismol:
- For those aged under 16 years due to a possible association between salicylates and Reye’s Syndrome, a very rare but very serious disease.
- If you are allergic to salicylates including aspirin, or any of the ingredients
- With other salicylates including aspirin
Stop use and ask your doctor if:
- Symptoms are severe or persist for more than 2 days
- Diarrhoea is accompanied by fever
- You notice anything unusual or have any unexpected effects
- You accidentally take too much product
Ask a doctor before use if you are taking medicines for:
- Anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
Not recommended if:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding – ask a healthcare professional before use.
Warning: This product contains sorbic and salicylic acid which can cause dermatitis, amaranth which can cause allergic type reactions including
asthma, and benzoic acid which is a mild irritant to skin, eyes and gums.
NOTE: the product may cause a temporary and harmless darkening of the stool and/or tongue.
Store below 25ºC.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Bismuth Subsalicylate 87.6mg.
Active Ingredients : Each 5ml dose contains 87.6 mg Bismuth Subsalicylate.
Also Contains: Aluminium Magnesium Silicate, Methylcellulose, Methyl Salicylate, Sorbic Acid (E200), Benzoic Acid (E210), Salicylic Acid, Saccharin Sodium, Sodium Salicylate, Amaranth (E123), and Purified Water.